Frequently Asked Questions


We accept cash, checks, and can process credit card payments securely online. Wee Talk speech therapists do not deal directly with billing, so please do not remit payment to your in-home therapist. Financial and billing inquiries should be directed to Lauren Ferrari or emailed to


  • Wee Talk Inc does not belong to any insurance networks; however, we can provide a “superbill” which you can submit to your insurance company for “out of network” reimbursement you may be entitled to based on your coverage and plan. 
  • You are responsible for verifying if a suberbill is accepted within your individual insurance plan as Wee Talk Inc. does not contact insurance providers. 
  • We strongly suggest you check with your individual insurance company to determine whether or not you have coverage for speech and language services. It is solely your responsibility to determine your coverage, as well as, if any preauthorizations are required to evaluate or treat your child.

Questions to ask your Insurance Company

  • Does my insurance plan provide “out of network” reimbursement for speech pathology services?
  • Are benefits for evaluation only?
  • Does my plan provide reimbursement for ongoing speech therapy?
  • What is the reimbursement rate for evaluations and therapy


No shows or cancelling therapy upon arrival will result in a full session fee. Clinicians also reserve the right to cancel sessions upon arrival if anyone in the household is home sick with fever, vomiting, or diarrhea. This is to ensure the health and safety of all our clients and clinicians.

How can a Speech-Language Pathologist help my child?

Approximately 75% of language is developed by the age of 4. A Speech-Language Pathologist can prevent, identify, evaluate, treat and rehabilitate individuals with communication delays or disorders. Early identification and treatment of hearing, speech and language disorders can prevent problems with behavior, learning reading and social interaction.

Do I need an evaluation before beginning services?

In order to keep costs down for families, an evaluation is not necessary if you are able to provide a recent evaluation conducted by a certified speech language pathologist, audiologist, school system, psychologist, or physician. Evaluation reports must document a speech-language disorder and the nature of this disorder.

My child didn’t qualify for speech services at school. Can you help him?

Of course! School districts have their own standards of qualification. A child must score below the 7th percentile in many schools in order to qualify. We believe that a child should have the opportunity to reach his/her potential, and this may be way above the 7th percentile! Your child will have the chance to expand and develop his skills through our services.

How long does my child need speech and language therapy?

Every child is different so this is difficult to answer. Our goal is for your child to develop speech and language in the shortest amount of time. However, as with anything else, patience and practice is necessary during this process.

Additional Support

If your child is under 3 years old and is exhibiting developmental delays, including speech and/or language delay, he or she may qualify for services with the Westside Regional Center or Harbor Regional Center. For more information contact:  

Westside Regional Center

5901 Green Valley Circle, Suite 320 

Culver City, California  90230

Phone: 310-258-4000

Harbor Regional Center

21231 Hawthorne Boulevard

Torrance, California  90503

Phone: 310-540-1711